The Benefits of an Everyday Yoga Routine.
1. Peace of mind - Think stillness and calm waves of thought. The ability to cope with the unknown.
2. Balance - Imagine not falling as you trip and stumble over a chair or rock or tree limb or even getting up from the floor after yoga.
3. A movable and elastic spine - Being able to bend in all 4 directions. No pain and a feeling of freedom.
4. Spiritual gain - The best for last. Allow your soul to speak as you breathe in the quiet center.
Items for the Practice:
1. A space - If you have the room - make it a Yoga room of one's own. If not, somewhere you can lay the mat and feel comfy. (I would suggest not in the TV room or other high traffic area.)
2. Yoga mat or rug - Buy something nice. A beautiful rug can inspire you to come back again and again.
3. 15 - 60 minutes of uninterrupted time - This may be the toughest but try the beginning and ending of a day. It's the perfect time. The world is quiet between 4 and 6.
4. Altar(Optional) - If you choose this - have it fit you, but make it nice- a silk or cotton cloth draped over a small table, inspirational cards, a beautiful picture. Try to keep it uncluttered.
5. . Journal or calendar to mark your days - This is important especially if you are just starting out. There are many times that after meditating or during a yoga stretch - ideas come that you want to jot down. Marking the days, I think encourages repetition and commitment.